Transfer to Three Rivers

Considering changing colleges?

Three Rivers can be the smart choice for you.

Welcome to Three Rivers! Transfer students are an integral and influential part of our student body and we value the life and academic experience your bring to campus. Whether you are coming from a two-year or four-year college, from private or public, with a little or a lot of earned credit, we know that your needs will be different than entering first-year students. We’ll help make your transition into Three Rivers as seamless and smooth as possible.

Great Options for Degree Programs

Three Rivers provides a broad range of credit and non-credit liberal arts, sciences, career and technical courses.  With over 77 different degree and certificate programs, we can be the starting point for any path you plan.

We also offer CSCU Pathway Transfer degree programs that transfer without hassle to all Connecticut State Universities (Eastern, Central, Western and Southern) and Charter Oak State College offering the major. Upon transfer, students are guaranteed full junior status and can complete a bachelor’s degree in their major without losing any credits or be required to take any extra credits.

Learn about all of your options here.

Small Classroom Size

We offer small classroom sizes with faculty that are motivated to help you succeed.  Classes have an average of 18 students per teacher. This allows for students to receive the individual attention they need.

Outstanding Faculty

Three Rivers faculty is dedicated to our students. You are not just a number in their classrooms. They know how to push students beyond their limitation and inspire them to learn. They come from many of the great universities, even the Ivy leagues. Most have business experience in addition to their academic credentials, along with extensive networks outside of Three Rivers. And, their first priority is you the student, not research. You are taught by our professors, not a graduate assistant.

Save Money

You can spend thousands less getting an education at Three Rivers. You will discover our cost-per-college-credit is among the lowest in Connecticut, and there are many different ways to pay for your education. Whether you are a full time or part time student, you may qualify for financial aid, which come from a variety of sources (federal or state government, private programs) and in different forms of aid, including scholarships, loans, grants, and work-study funding.

Our financial aid office and other resources, such as Veterans Services, are available to help guide enrolled students throughout the application process. We are here to help! Learn more at paying for TRCC.

Get Involved and Feel at Home at Three Rivers

The vitality you find at Three Rivers isn’t limited to the classroom: Three Rivers features over 30 student clubs and holds many on-campus activities throughout the year. Take a bus trip to Boston, New York City or the Big E, dress up for the Halloween Dance, have Desserts with the Deans and much more.  Learn more about getting involved here.

Now that you’ve decided to come, what’s next?

The first step is to enroll.  Go to How to Enroll  for specific instructions about getting started. If you have questions about enrolling, contact our Admission Office at 860-215-9016. After enrolling, you will learn more about which credits will transfer.

What credits will be accepted?

Three Rivers accepts transfer credit from all regionally accredited colleges and schools. Regional accreditation includes Middle States, New England, North Central, Southern, and the Northwest and Western Associations of Schools and Colleges. Transfer credit may also be awarded for non-collegiate courses that have been evaluated by the American Council on Education (ACE), the National Program on Non-Collegiate Sponsored Instruction (PONSI) or Charter Oak State College. Non-collegiate courses include military credit and many training programs in the workplace. Credits earned through proficiency exams, including CLEP, DSST and AP exams, can also be transferred.

What is needed to be eligible for Transfer Credit Evaluation?

Credits you wish to transfer must be evaluated by the Registrar to ensure that they meet the above standards. In general, a grade of C- or higher is required. Transfer students must be enrolled in a Three Rivers degree or certificate program, and be registered for courses in the program to be eligible for an official evaluation. Academic advisors and counselors will advise students and help them pick courses that will not duplicate their previously earned transfer credits. Students typically receive their official evaluations in their first semester at Three Rivers Community College.

What documents are required?

Official transcripts from every college attended must be sent to the Registrar’s Office. CLEP, DSST, and AP official exam scores must also be submitted to the Registrar’s Office, even if this credit has been recorded on another transcript. Military records and transcripts must also be sent directly to the college. If you have questions, contact the Registrar’s Office at 860-215-9064.