Guided Pathways Advising
Our mission is to advise students as they explore and plan their academic, career, and life goals.
Academic advising services are offered through Guided Pathways Advising at Three Rivers. In a student-centered, personalized model, every degree and certificate seeking student is assigned a Guided Pathways Advisor to assist them in their career and academic exploration and decision-making. Guided Pathways Advisors encourages all students to utilize the services, which include career exploration, course planning from initial registration to graduation, transfer advising, adding/dropping classes, changing programs of study, course registration assistance and referrals to college and community resources. While advisors guide and support the student, it is the student who assumes responsibility for their individual academic program completion.
Students are expected:
- To reflect on their academic, career, and life goals
- To reach out and connect to their advisors in the first semester
- To review program degree requirements
- To monitor their semester and degree progress, bringing any questions or concerns to the attention of their advisor
Advisors are expected:
- To help student explore their academic, career, and life goals
- To counsel students on career, major, course, and transfer options
- To help students navigate the campus and available resources
- To ask questions of and listen to the student
- To reach out to students periodically throughout the semester
FINDING YOUR ADVISOR AND MAKING AN APPOINTMENT
Log onto your account on MyCTState to find your assigned advisor.
Current Students, New Students, Non-Degree & Non-Matriculating Students: How to make an appointment with an advisor
Current Students can make an appointment with their assigned advisor.
All new degree and certificate students will be assigned an advisor that is specific to the major they selected on their application. Please view instructions on “How to find your advisor”
If the reason you have not matriculated is that you are unsure of the program of study you wish to pursue, please schedule an appointment with an advisor.
Drop-in advising is available in the A wing Room A113, M-F, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Monday : 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
* walk-in hours: 8:00 am -5:00 pm; M-Th; 8:00 am – 4:00 pm Friday