How to Register – Workforce & Community Education


Workforce (job-related) and community education non-credit classes have open enrollment. The only limitation is class size, so complete and submit your registration as soon as you can. Join the thousands of your co-workers and neighbors who take our classes, seminars, and workshops every year. See our schedule of course offerings here.

Connect with us to get the answers you need

Thank you for your interest in attending Three Rivers!  We know you have questions about Three Rivers, the registration process, financial support, and more. So, we are here to answer your questions and help you achieve your job training goals. Choose the following option to connect with us.

Meet one-on-one with a WCE Staff Member

Sign up here to virtually meet with someone in the office of Workforce and Community Education (WCE). We can walk you through how to register and answer any questions you have! We’re available for a face-to-face video meeting or phone meetings from 9 am – 4 pm Monday through Friday. Fill out this form and we’ll be in touch to set up an appointment.

Three ways to register

First, visit our Workforce & Community Education web pages to select the course(s) you want to take. Then register by one of the following four ways.

1. Mail

Complete the course’s registration form (download here), include payment, and mail to:

Three Rivers Community College
Attn: Workforce and Community Education Department
574 New London Turnpike, Norwich, CT 06360-6598

2. By Fax

This method is only available if you are paying by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover). Complete the course’s registration form (download here), and fax to: (860) 215-9902.

3. In Person

The college is open for students to meet with someone in the WCE office for in-person registation.

Program Funding Options

Here are some of the ways you might be able to get help in financing your tuition for Workforce courses:

  • SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program): Students receiving SNAP assistance may be eligible to take one of TRCC’s workforce training programs for free. Click here for more information on SNAP.
  • Veterans Education and Training (view Flyer HERE): Veteran’s Administration (VA) education benefits may be applied to certain non-credit workforce training programs. A veteran of the armed forces who is interested in enrolling in a non-credit program should contact the College Veteran’s Administration representative to discuss eligibility requirements and the application process.  Programs include: Certified Nurse Aide (CNA), Dental Assistant, EKG Technician, Medical Billing and Coding, Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomy Technician, Real Estate, and Vet Assistant).TRCC Veteran’s Administration Representative Contact Information: Justin Slater:
  • WIOA (Workforce Investment Opportunity Act): Students may contact their local Department of Labor (formerly CT Works) for eligibility information regarding TRCC courses. This program is for unemployed or underemployed individuals. Students need to complete program requirements through WIOA to become eligible for course payment. For more information contact the Montville office (860) 848-5240, Danielson office (860)-774-4077, Willimantic office (860)-450-7603 OR register through the healthcare pipeline here.
  • Manufacturing Pipeline: Eastern CT Manufacturing Pipeline Initiative is a partnership between state and regional agencies. The focus is to develop workforce skills in job seekers via training programs and align those skills to the staffing needs of regional manufacturers. For more information about this program and how to apply, click here.
  • Connecticut Indian Council: This is a private, non-profit organization funded by the Department of Labor as part of the Indian and Native American Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act. Students who are able to provide documentation showing Native American Status may be eligible for funding. For more information call (860) 535-1277.
  • CHESLA Certificate Scholarship: Available 7/1/2024 for students pursuing a healthcare or manufacturing certificate for the 2023-2024 academic year. To qualify, a student must: must be a resident of CT, attending a eligible CT state or non-profit institution of higher education, submit an application, and have a third party provide a letter of recommendation. To apply, visit: CHESLA.ORG. Scholarship awards of $1,250.
  • City of Norwich: This program is funded through the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block grant (CDBG) and is for low to moderate income students. The student must be a resident of the city of Norwich. FERPA form required. For more information call or email Reyni Joseph at (860) 823-3778 Ext 3472,
  • TVCCA Maturity Works: This program is for individuals 55 and older with limited income, and offer employment training to enhance employability. For more information email James Shirvell
  • The Eastern CT Healthcare Pipeline Initiative provides no-cost training to address the hiring needs of our regional Healthcare Employers. For more information, apply here:
  • FAIRVIEW:  Three (3) scholarships per year for incoming students seeking to become Certified Nurse Aides through Three Rivers Community College.  Come join our team and together we will “Inspire individuals to live their best lives”.  Please contact Kelly Gigliotti, Director of Nursing for more information:

Refunds and Course Cancellations

Refund Policy

A full refund for noncredit programs will only be considered when a student drops a class up to three business days prior to the first scheduled meeting. You may submit your written request to the office of Workforce and Community Education by mail, e-mail (, or by fax (860) 215-9902.

Students need to provide the following information: full name, address, date of birth, student identification number or social security number, and course reference number (CRN). In addition, we require a brief explanation for your withdrawal.

Verbal withdrawals for noncredit programs are processed only through the office of Workforce and Community Education by phone, email, or in person.

Refunds are mailed directly to you approximately two to four weeks from the processing date. No refunds or credit towards another program will be considered after the first class has begun.

Cancellation and Course Change Policy

The college reserves the right to limit the number of students registered in any course, to cancel any courses for which there is insufficient enrollment, and to make changes in the schedule as circumstances require. Course cancellations will be announced before the first day of class.

For weather related cancellation info, call the college’s main number at (860) 215-9000.