Information Security Certification
Information Security Certificate
A security certificate is used to provide the security level of a website to general visitors, Internet service providers (ISPs) and Web servers. A security certificate is also known as a digital certificate and as a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate. These classes are offered in a progression from beginner to advanced level which will also enable participants to earn five individual industry recognized certifications in addition to the overall Information Security Certificate. (The following courses include one exam voucher in the tuition: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, and CISSP or Associate of (ISC)² CISSP, depending on experience).
Learning outcomes include:
• Identifying the fundamental concepts of computer security.
• Security threats and vulnerabilities.
• Manage data, Applications, and Host Security.
• Implement Network Security.
• Manage Certificates.
• Identify and Implement Compliance and operational security measures.
• Manage Risk, Troubleshoot and manage Security Incidents.
• Plan for business continuity and disaster recovery
Candidate must have experience in information technology. Preferred experience with Security and Risk Management, Asset Security, Security Architecture and Engineering, Communication and Network Security, Identity and Access Management (IAM), Security Assessment and Testing, Security Operations, Software Development Security. Per ISC²: A candidate who doesn’t yet have the required experience to become a CISSP may become an Associate of (ISC)² after successfully passing the CISSP exam. The Associate of (ISC)² will then have six years to earn the experience needed for CISSP certification.
Duration of Training
406 hours: Class 4 days a week (Full time option. Part-time is also available). Instruction includes instructor and self-study training. The Google IT Support is 150hrs of self-study training, of which 50hrs will be facilitated by an instructor.
• College Certificate of Completion in Information Security CompTIA A+ Certification
• Google IT Support Certificate
• CompTIA A + Certification
• CompTIA Network + Certification
• CompTIA Security+ Certification
• Certified Ethical Hacker Certification
• Associate of ISC² or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• Prerequisite: IT Bootcamp (Beginner), 24hrs
• Google IT Support Certificate (Beginner), 150hrs
• CompTIA A+ Certification (Intermediate)CompTIA Network + Certification (Beginner), 72hrs
• CompTIA Network+ Certification (Intermediate), 42hrs
• CompTIA Security+ Certification (Intermediate), 42hrs
• Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery, 6hrs
• Certified Ethical Hacker (EC-Council) (Intermediate), 35hrs
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (or Associate CISSP)(isc2.org),
Cost: Funding available for eligible students
To register for these courses, please visit Career Connect.